Day 6: Milwaukee

Sunday, June 29, 2008

We woke up and chatted with my mom for a while, going our separate ways over lunch. I played frisbee golf with my dad at Lime Kiln Park, while Janet and my mom got pedicures. No, we didn't have those fancy frisbee golf discs. I can't stand those things. The consequence of course, is that the ultimate discs will bounce out once in a while.

Anyway, that night we hung out with Sue and my dad. Walked around Riverwest (an area along the Milwaukee River that has undergone substantial redevelopment in the last few years), and ended up at dinner at Trocadero. Although the food was mediocre, the place was really cool, with distinct and unique inside seating, patio seating, and outdoor seating (next to a fountain, which we watched a diner knock his champagne bucket and bottle into).

From there, we went down to Alterra coffee, along Lincoln Memorial Drive for coffee and dessert (again, really cool setting). To cap off the evening, we went over to the marina and tossed the frisbee around in the parking lot, eventually doing so while balancing one-legged on concrete barrier pillars (round and 3 feet high). It was much harder than it sounds...

Sadly, we have no video from today. :-(
I haven't taken pictures in/around Milwaukee in quite some time, perhaps because it's home and it never feels like I'm "traveling" while there.

0 comments: