Nothing interesting happens

Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 5: Cusco

Today was pretty much pointless. We took a taxi down to Enigma to pay for the rest of our tour. I mostly just laid there on the bench feeling sicker and sicker. Somehow, we were there for over an hour. Ugh.

Still spanishless, Janet braved some more errands on her own, such as buying hiking poles and trying to get medicine for me. I can only imagine her trying to describe my symptoms. Back in the hostel, I laid there motionless, either sleeping or listening to music, or both.

At night, Janet went back to Enigma on her own to meet the rest of the group and get final instructions. She met other honeymooners, a couple from Denver?!? who were thankfully able to hook her up with some semi-prescription drugs. This meant that I wouldn't have to rely on any of the other remedies suggested to us: coca tea, chamomile tea, or hot coke. The soda.

We had to have the unfortunate discussion of whether or not Janet would take the trek without me if I didn't feel better by morning. Recovery didn't seem likely, and we went back and forth on the issue for a while. I can't even remember what the consensus was. The most likely scenario was that we would have to skip the trek and meet up with the group just before heading to Machu Picchu.

Luckily for you, no pictures or videos exist from today. They would have been boring anyway!

0 comments: